Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wolfie Gets a New Home!

I was so happy and excited to adopt Wolfie!  Everything went exactly as planned!  He is a doll baby and I'm looking forward to a long lifetime of love and shared experiences.  I can't even begin to say how good he has been.

I know he's been through a lot of changes in a short amount of time - that's one of the things I love best about dogs.  They are so adaptable.

We got Wolfie home to sister Julie's home and he had a few new friends to make right away - Bella the Jack Russell/Aussie and Maui, the family cat.  He did well on all accounts - although he did let out a few baby cries if someone looked at him a little too long.  He quickly learned to rely on hiding behind mom's legs or trying to get me to pick him up.  Undoubtedly, he'll grow up to be a brave dog and won't need my help at all.  He really loves his aunt Aubrey and she loves him too!
 
 I was afraid that he would be lonely without his siblings so the first night I let him sleep in bed with me.  He really seemed to take to the idea and made himself immediately comfortable.  He was really good all night.  got up twice to take him out because I was nervous, but he did fine.
On Sunday we went for a long walk down at Riley's Lock along the Potomac River and ran a few errands.  Wolfie was happy to come along.  He was also happy to take a break under a shady tree.
The day ended all too soon and we had to head to the airport.  No issues there either.  He was very well-behaved, adored by many and slept the whole way home on the plane!  He may be a little traveler.






No comments:

Post a Comment